Ground venison Landjager sausage
My favorite field snack from childhood in Germany
Wild Turkey Giblets
This is a happy hunters cocktail hour special to toast success and energize your body.
- 1 dead turkey - heart, gizzard, liver and neck
- Peel gizzard and cut up with heart and liver into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 C. water and 2 T butter boil parts for about 30 minutes until water has cooked off
- Finish cooking frying in remaining butter with favorite spices and serve
Western Fried Trout
This is a daily special we cook in the field for stream and lake side lunches.
Ingredients and supplies are easy to carry in truck or boat along with a cook
kit for easy preparation.
All you need are....
- hand full of fresh caught rainbows....
- bag with corn meal
- frying oil of choice
- Sides - tartar sauce - my favorite is mayo with sweet relish or store bought for
- kit storage - always keep
- refrigerated after opening!
- lemon is nice too, but beer salt works great!
- Gut fish leaving the heads on if they will fit in your fry pan
- heat 1/4 - 1/2 inch oil in pan on Coleman stove
- Shake cleaned trout in bag of corn meal
- Fry in hot oil about 5 min. / side until golden brown
- Debone and serve
Albuquerque Green Chile Chicken (or better yet....wild turkey, quail, grouse or pheasant) Enchiladas
Makes 1 lasagna pan
- 1 lb roasted game bird meat shredded off the bone
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 lb grated Mexican cheese mix
- 2 cans each - cream of chicken and mushroom soup
- garlic and cumin to taste
- Roast game birds in oven basting in butter about 1 hour until cooked through
- Shred off bone and set aside - 1 lb meat
- Mix - game bird meat with 2 cans cream of mushroom and cream of chicken
- soup with chopped up onion, cumin, garlic and
- Layer 6 corn tortillas, mixture and grated cheese 2X topping off with heavy cheese
- Bake 1 hour at 350 covered until cooked through
Easy field reheating in small BBQ grill or SFGC ProGuide double boiler
Rocky's fried Wild Turkey Nuggets
From field to table. Nothing better or healthier for a better life. Wild Turkey meat cubed Flour Seasoned with mesquite salt, onion powder and garlic Fried crisp in PEANUT oil.